Green Light Laser PVP Preoperative Instructions
The time of your procedure may be subject to change depending on the facility. If your scheduled time changes, the facility will contact you and let you know what your new time is and when to arrive. PLEASE PLAN TO BE AVAILABLE FOR SURGERY AT ANY TIME THAT DAY
- If you were instructed to obtain blood work, EKG, chest x-ray or medical or cardiac clearance, please contact your primary care provider to make arrangements.
- DO NOT take aspirin or aspirin-like compounds for seven (7) days prior to surgery. This includes Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Bufferin, or Anacin. DO NOT take Vitamin E, multivitamin or fish oil for seven (7) days prior to surgery. These are all blood thinners. YOU MAY TAKE TYLENOL.
- If you are on any blood thinner such as Coumadin/warfarin or if you are diabetic, notify the surgery scheduler.
- You may receive a prescription or sample for a course of antibiotics. Begin taking the antibiotic the day of your procedure with a little sip of water. Continue the antibiotics as directed for 2 more days following the procedure.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything (including water) after 12:00 midnight prior to surgery.
- A responsible adult will need to provide transportation after your procedure. It is highly recommended
that they stay with you after discharge for the rest of the day.
- Our office will obtain any necessary preauthorization from your insurance company. If you have
questions regarding coverage/payment, please request the CPT procedure code from our office and call
your insurance company.
Reston Hospital Center
1850 Town Center Parkway
Reston, VA 20190
Phone: (703) 689-9005
Inova Loudoun Hospital Center
44055 Riverside Parkway
Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (703) 858-6768
StoneSprings Hospital Center
24440 Stone Springs Blvd
Dulles, VA 20166
Phone: (571) 349-4600
Contact us to request an appointment or ask a question. We're here for you.