Testicle Biopsy – Adult Postop Instructions
- After anesthesia, begin with clear liquids. Avoid any heavy meals on the day of the procedure. Depending on how you feel the following day, you may resume the diet you normally follow.
- Do not drive a car or operate machinery for 24 hours after anesthesia.
- Do not consume alcohol, tranquilizers, sleeping medication, or any non-prescribed medications for 24 hours after anesthesia or if taking a pain medication.
- Do not make important decisions or sign any important papers in the next 24 hours after anesthesia.
- You should avoid any strenuous activity for two to three weeks. This includes activity such as running, strenuous exercise, stretching exercises and so forth. You should avoid lifting anything over 20 lbs. for the next four to six weeks.
- You will feel more comfortable if you put ice on the scrotum for the first four to six hours after surgery.
- Wait 24 hours to take a bath or shower. You may remove the scrotal supporter and dressing at that time. Stitches in the skin will dissolve on their own over the next two to three weeks. There may be some redness and irritation as they dissolve.
- You will feel best if you take two Ibuprofen (regular or extra strength) every three hours by the clock while awake for the first three days. You will get a prescription for pain pills. You can use the prescription pain pills in addition to the every three hour Tylenol. You can take these pain pills as needed according to the directions on the bottle.
- It will be normal to have incisional discomfort, some moderate swelling of the incision or bruising of the skin near the incision that can last up to one week.
- Swelling or bruising in the scrotum is to be expected and can last for a few weeks.
Contact us to request an appointment or ask a question. We're here for you.