Prostate Seed Preoperative Instructions
The time of your procedure may change. If your scheduled time changes, the facility will contact you and let you know what your new time is and when to arrive. PLEASE PLAN TO BE AVAILABLE FOR SURGERY AT ANY TIME THAT DAY
Please schedule your preoperative history and physical with your primary care doctor as soon as possible. This procedure will be performed under general anesthesia and the following is required:
Do not take aspirin, aspirin-containing products or NSAIDS such as motrin, ibuprofen or Aleve for 5 days prior to surgery. If you take anti-coagulants, please consult with the prescribing doctor for instructions.
Prednisone will be prescribed to begin one day prior to the procedure.
Flomax will be prescribed to begin one week prior to surgery.
- A bowel prep is required the day before the procedure.
- Start a clear liquid diet at 4:00pm the day before the procedure and drink one bottle of magnesium citrate at that time.
- At 8:00pm the evening before the procedure, take a Fleet's enema.
- Take another Fleet's enema on the day of the procedure, 4 hours prior.
- Do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the day before your procedure.
- Medications can be taken with sips of water only.
- You may not drive or take a taxi following your procedure. Please arrange for a reliable driver or care giver to take you home following surgery.
Reston Surgical Center
1860 Town Center Drive, Suite G 100
Reston, VA 20190
Phone: (703) 639-3100
Inova Loudoun Hospital Center
44055 Riverside Parkway
Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (703) 858-6768
Contact us to request an appointment or ask a question. We're here for you.