Interstim Test Postoperative Instructions
- Take it easy for the next 2 weeks
- Complete your voiding diary
- Sense the stimulation at all times. You should feel a strong sensation, but not uncomfortable or painful. The sensation is felt in the pelvic floor region. (Vaginal, Scrotal and/or Rectal area) a deep pelvic floor “tapping” or “pulsation”
- Ensure that the green test stimulator light blinks at all times. If not, turn the unit office, check the 9V battery, and turn it back on
- If you have questions concerning the therapy or the test stimulator, contact, Medtronic Therapy Consultant, at (800) 633-8766
- Use a waist pack to carry Test Stimulator
- Do not take a bath during test period.
- You may “frontal shower”, but be sure to keep the procedure area dry and disconnect Test Stimulator.
- Do not scoot when you get in and out of a chair.
- Do not lift heavy items.
- Do not change your fluid intake, medications, diet, etc.
- Do not drive with Test Stimulator on.
We're here to answer your questions
Contact us to request an appointment or ask a question. We're here for you.