Cystoscopy Postop Instructions
- After anesthesia, begin with clear liquids. Avoid any heavy meals on the day of the procedure. Depending on how you feel the following day, you may resume the diet you normally follow.
- Do not drive a car or operate machinery for 24 hours after anesthesia.
- Do not consume alcohol, tranquilizers, sleeping medication, or any non-prescribed medication for 24 hours after anesthesia or if taking a pain medication.
- Do not make important decisions or sign any important papers in the next 24 hours after anesthesia.
- You may notice the need to urinate more frequently. You may also notice a sense of urgency, which is the feeling that you have to get there right away. There may be some pain or burning with urination. It is possible that you may see some blood with urination. It may take several days for these symptoms to resolve.
- You may resume your normal activity.
- You may shower or bathe as you normally do.
- You do not need any specific medications unless you have been given a prescription by your doctor.
We're here to answer your questions
Contact us to request an appointment or ask a question. We're here for you.